- Ridge Area Treatment: All activities required to restore the health of the catchment area by reducing the volume and velocity of surface runoff, including regeneration of vegetative cover in forest and common land, afforestation, staggered trenching, contour and graded bunding, bench terracing etc.
- Drainage line treatment with a combination of vegetative and engineering structures, such as earthen checks, brushwood checks, gully plugs, loose boulder checks, gabion structures, underground dykes etc.
- Development of water harvesting structures such as low-cost farm ponds, nalla bunds, check-dams, percolation tanks and ground water recharge through wells, bore wells and other measures.
- Nursery raising for fodder, fuel, timber and horticultural species.
- Land development including in-situ soil and
moisture conservation and drainage management measures
like field bunds, contour and graded bunds fortified
with plantation, bench terracing in hilly terrain etc.
- NTFP, Horticultural development, Pasture development, sericulture, agro-forestry including block plantations, etc.
- Promoting Productivity enhancement activities
- Promoting Livelihood activities